To Create a Unique and Memorable Reception
Most people would agree that the summertime provides the best options when planning a wedding. The warmer weather and extended daylight hours offer the opportunity for more comfortable attire, for both the wedding party and their guests, and also allow for a wide variety of choices with respect to:
- Reception venues
- Photography backdrops
- Seasonal menu selections
Many couples will take their wedding ceremonies outdoors in the summer, perhaps in a backyard, at the beach, or in another public setting, while others may favour the comfort of an air-conditioned indoor venue. Regardless of their preference, and independent of the size of the guest list, summertime wedding plans can incorporate a fair amount of creativity; and this imaginative approach can be augmented by the wedding reception catering experience of Ida’s Kitchen in Toronto.
Ida’s Kitchen has been a preferred choice of many wedding planners in Toronto and the GTA for more than 30 years. Based on the experience and creativity of the Ida’s Kitchen staff, couples can entertain their wedding guests with a summertime reception that will be both unique and memorable.
Some of the summer-themed ideas that wedding planners may want to consider as part of their reception catering might include:
- Summer fruit to brighten the table décor
- The inclusion of sunflowers in centrepieces
- The use of mason jars for serving cocktails
- Salads with a combination of greens and fruit
- A selection of colourful lemonades or punches
- Individual shrimp served in a cup of shaved ice
- Flower petals on the ground (outdoor ceremonies)
- Fresh-baked pastries with colourful fresh-fruit toppings
- Refreshing sorbets between courses to cleanse the palate
There are undoubtedly many more creative catering ideas that can help in enhancing the overall experience for summertime wedding attendees. The possibilities are undoubtedly extensive; while some of the ideas may reside with the soon-to-be spouses themselves, others may come to life through consultation with the professionals from Ida’s Kitchen.
Creativity and Flexibility in Wedding Reception Catering
Through the guidance and experience of Ida’s Kitchen, wedding planners can be assured that all of their catering needs will be satisfied in a capable, thorough, and professional fashion. The team at Ida’s Kitchen fully understands the importance of such special days and is wholly committed to making every wedding they cater a memorable event for all.
With respect to the various types of menus within their wedding catering services, Ida’s Kitchen offers the following options:
- Cocktail – hot and/or cold hors d’oeuvres
- Buffet – salads, entrees, sides, and desserts
- Plated Service (with the following per person)
- 4 hors d’oeuvres
- Soup or salad appetizer
- Artisan breads and butter
- 2 entrees, 2 sides, 1 dessert
- Station Service – selections from among:
- Garden Bar
- Carving Station
- Little Italy Station
- Taste of the Orient
- Street Food; Poutine
- Sizzling Fajitas Station
- Mediterranean Infusion
- Mac ‘n Cheese; Grilled Cheese
- Crepes, Candy Factory, Cookies, Ice Cream
For more information on the creativity and flexibility offered by Ida’s Kitchen for wedding reception catering, please see our Wedding Menus.
Planning a summertime wedding and looking for some creative menu and décor ideas?
Call Ida’s Kitchen today at 905-841-8497 to get the discussion and planning processes underway as soon as possible.
combination of flavours and spices. Call 905-841-8497 for a Free Consultation.